Affinity Workforce are supporting multiple provisions in Peterborough who are looking for general support for pupils with additional learning needs. The support is predominantly with social, emotional and mental health with elements of Autism and learning difficulties. Each role will vary as every child is unique so your approaches should be tailored and specific to their needs.
This is a very rewarding role and will require you to guide the child’s learning alongside the classroom teacher and SENCO. Most students require 1:1 support will be under the provision of an individual education plan so you will help the child achieve this personalised academic, social and emotional learning goals set by educational professionals.
An ideal candidate will be:
- Excited about working with children and being creative
- Confident managing children’s behaviour
- Emotionally resilient
- An approachable, friendly character
- Aware or have experience of supporting children and adults with additional needs
Benefits of working with Affinity Workforce:
- You will be paid a competitive daily wage, based on your experience.
- Dedicated consultant allocated to support you with any questions and concerns.
- Support in writing CV’s and job applications.
- £200 for any successful referral of Teachers and £100 for Teaching Assistants.
- You will receive free, up to date safeguarding training.
- Training workshops and CPD courses to provide professional development.
- The option of working under a PAYE or Umbrella pay scheme.
The Desirable Candidate:
- Can offer previous experience with mental health in a supporting capacity
- A knowledge or understanding of SEN/SEMH
- A confident approach to working with children
- An educational background
- An enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
- An enhanced DBS Affinity Workforce can assist with this.