Affinity Workforce are working in partnership with an outstanding Multi-Trust Academy within the heart of East London, across four campuses in the E17, IG8 and RM3 postcodes. We are looking for passionate Learning Support Assistants who are dedicated to supporting and making a difference in these young pupil’s lives.
Day – Day role:
- Work under the direction of the Class Teacher to support pupils with a range of complex physical, medical and learning needs to access learning by implementing activities and interventions designed to meet their personal needs
- Manage pupil behaviour in line with school policy
- Provide general support to the Class Teacher in the management and organisation of the classroom
- Assist the Class Teacher in creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly and supportive learning environment
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
- To support all pupils throughout the School site with toileting/intimate care as required according to their individual toileting programmes and care plans.
- Assess the needs of young people and use detailed knowledge of their personal care needs to support them.
- To hoist or position pupils, in accordance with their individual OT/Physio plan and in line with school moving and handling procedures
- Experience within SEND schools or mainstream working with children with specialist needs
- A Teaching or Teaching Assistant Qualification is desired but not essential
- Drivers Licence and transport or access to public transport (for rural schools)
- Team Teach Qualification (desired)
- Enhanced Adult and Child DBS on the update service or happy to apply for one at £48 (which will be reimbursed after 12 days work)
- Right to work document
- Up to date CV
Guaranteed Work scheme:
Here at Affinity we are so confident we can find you work every day that we offer you a GWS. To be eligible for this you will need to be:
- Available for a minimum of 2 day’s work a week
- Be able to travel up to 10 miles between sites
- Be available for calls from 7am for last minute cover bookings
*Terms and conditions apply*
All positions at the school are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, references, and receipt of the appropriate Right to Work documents. Affinity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.