SEN Teaching Assistant
£80 – £110 per day
Weekly Pay Rates (depending on experience) – £405- £415
Affinity Workforce are working in partnership with an outstanding Multi-Trust Academy within the heart of Peterborough. This is an exciting opportunity, starting ASAP, for passionate SEND Teaching Assistants who are dedicated to supporting and making a difference in these young pupil’s lives.
About the roles:
Candidates should be ambitious and passionate professionals, who will add value to our school in striving to help deliver personalised learning that prepares our pupils for the next stage in their life, and who can:
- Work under the direction of the Class Teacher to support pupils with a range of complex physical, medical and learning needs to access learning by implementing activities and interventions designed to meet their personal needs
- Manage pupil behaviour in line with school policy
- Provide general support to the Class Teacher in the management and organisation of the classroom
- Assist the Class Teacher in creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly and supportive learning environment
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils, ensuring they have equal opportunities to learn and develop
- Build and maintain successful relationships with pupils, treating them with respect and consideration
- Work together with families and other agencies to ensure every pupil is valued, challenged and supported
- Have the highest expectation that every pupil will make sustained academic and personal progress
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
- Promote opportunities for peer and social interaction to develop confidence, resilience and social skills.
This position is a great place to start for those wanting to make a career change into Education and for those with a care background.
Candidates should be ambitious and passionate professionals, who will add value to our school in striving to help support young people with their personal care needs including toileting, dressing, feeding, postural management and supporting with therapy programmes.
- To support all pupils throughout the School site with toileting/intimate care as required according to their individual toileting programmes and care plans.
- Assess the needs of young people and use detailed knowledge of their personal care needs to support them.
- To hoist or position pupils, in accordance with their individual OT/Physio plan and in line with school moving and handling procedures
- To establish rapport and respectful, trusting relationships with young people.
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school line with Trust policy and procedures.
The positions are long term temporary, some of which will possibly have permanent options with the schools in the future.
- Experience within SEND schools or mainstream working with children with specialist needs
- A Teaching or Teaching Assistant Qualification is desired but not essential
- Drivers Licence and transport or access to public transport (for rural schools)
- Team Teach Qualification (desired)
- Enhanced Adult and Child DBS on the updater service or happy to apply for one at £47 (which will be reimbursed after 12 days work)
- Right to work document
- Up to date CV
All positions at the school are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, references, and receipt of the appropriate Right to Work documents. Affinity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
How it works:
- A consultant will be in touch to find out more about you and your experience
- If appropriate for the roll you will go through an online registrations process to check you are fit to work with Children in Education
- Once cleared for work your consultant will send your CV into the appropriate schools / positions and a trial day / week will be offered.