Job Title: Post 16 Student Support Officer
Pay: 80-100 per day
Location: St Katherines School
This location is easily accesible from:
To provide academic intervention, mentoring and support to students identified by Heads of Faculty or the Sixth Form team as underperforming, have poor attendance, or in need of additional support.
To be a student-facing member of the team, overseeing the day-to-day expectations and attendance of Sixth Form learners, liaising with the Head of Sixth Form, Deputy Head of Sixth Form, Sixth Form tutor team and parents/carers to support students to be successful, in particular disadvantaged learners.
To supervise Sixth Form Study Periods.
To provide administrative support for the Head of Sixth Form including attendance.
To role model our school vision- a nurturing and inclusive community united in the pursuit of excellence.
- To offer academic intervention to identified students, focusing on organisation and time management, positive learning habits, signposting resources and acting as a conduit between teacher, parent/carer and student. Subject-specific knowledge is not a prerequisite for this aspect of the role.
- Being a first point of contact for all students in the Sixth Form, offering day-to-day logistical and pastoral support.
- To promote and maintain a calm, purposeful working environment in the Sixth Form Work Room, insisting upon high expectations for all.
- To supervise Sixth Form Study Periods. Enforce high expectations of all students, supervising students in designated formal study areas and issuing referrals where appropriate.
- Ensuring parents/carers are contacted, where appropriate, on the first day a pupil is absent.
- Recording individual pupil attendance records, identifying poor or non-attenders, unexplained absences, patterns of non-attendance, illness etc * Inputting routine attendance data into the electronic registration system, identifying and correcting any anomalies, errors, omissions.
- Querying absences – documenting reasons, arranging meetings with parents when necessary. * General supervision of sixth form learners in Sixth Form Work Room.
- To provide administrative support for the Head of Sixth Form with organisation and administration of sixth form related activities. This includes managing pastoral support and academic support systems, allocation of the Sixth Form Bursary, preparing and distributing reports, supporting the organisation of Sixth Form trips, and support with timetabling.
- Liaison with pupils, parents, school staff, college staff and outside agencies.
Affinity Workforce is an equal opportunities employer and is a regulated company with Gold Standard in Safeguarding. Find out more here: https://affinityworkforce.com/equal-opportunities/