February CPD Courses Announced
In September 2021, Affinity Workforce and its sub-brands CER, Monarch Education, Sugarman Education launched a brand new ‘CPD Supply Toolkit’, with a range of various CPD courses to help with our candidates’ learning and development within the education industry.
The free, online sessions are available exclusively to our candidates and we’re pleased to announce another two courses are taking place in February. These include:
Why is Social, Emotional Learning (SEL) becoming a cornerstone of an effective curriculum?
Saturday 19th February 10am – 11am
The session will aim to allow participants to:
- Understand what SEL is and the ways many schools are embedding it within their curriculums
- Explore different resources used to promote SEL from stories, to objects, to the use of technology and web-based materials
- Examine current theory and research around SEL and the impact on children
Promoting curiosity in the classroom as a hook for learning
Thursday 24th February 6pm – 7pm
This session will aim to allow participants to:
- Examine how promoting curiosity in the classroom from pupils acts as a hook to learning
- Look at practical ways to engage pupils and put together a sequence of lessons or activities using an object
- Unpick current research around engagement
You can register to take part in the live session or you can receive a recording. Please email email@example.com for more information.